Is my donation tax deductible?
- The Suubi Project is a tax exempt private charity as described in section 501(c)(3) of the U.S. Internal Revenue Code and donations are tax-deductible as permitted by law.
- According to IRS rules, if a single donation exceeds $250, a receipt will automatically be sent to you.
- For donations less than $250, we will send receipts upon request only.
- All funds donated to The Suubi Project are not refundable and are not transferable.
WHAT DOES MY MONTHLY SPONSORSHIP COVER?
- Your monthly sponsorship donation covers your Child's school tuition, two meals per day, and clinical care.
HOW MUCH OF THE MONEY ACTUALLY GOES TO THE CHILD I SPONSOR?
- Monthly sponsorship money is used to pay for your child’s needs as listed above.
- As we raise money for various projects, money is allocated to those projects per the donor's wishes.
What day of the month is my sponsorship due?
- You may send your monthly payment at any time most convenient for you during the month it is due.
Can I pay with credit card?
- Currently, we only accept checks or money orders. The most convenient way to make payments is by setting up monthly payments through your bank.
- Donations can also be made via PayPal at Donate
What happens if I miss a payment?
- If you know that your payment will be late, we ask that you contact us at email@example.com to let us know. We are happy to work with you.
- If more than one month is missed, we will send you an invoice as a friendly reminder to make your sponsorship payment.
- If we do not get a response after the second missed month, your Child will be put back on our non-sponsored list and become eligible for a new sponsor family.
Can I send extra money?
- Yes! We appreciate our Sponsors and Supporters that want to send extra money to help with other expenses and needs.
- You can find more information about additional giving under "Ways You Can Help".
- Watch for emails and FB updates on other fund raising needs!
How often will I hear from my sponsored Child?
- You will receive a letter from your Child twice per year -- once around Easter and again at Christmas.
- Due to the expense of mailing letters for the entire School, handwritten letters from your Child will be carried by team members traveling back from Uganda. This will also ensure the letters safely arrive here in the US, so that we can proceed to mail them to you from here.
May I contact my sponsored Child?
We encourage every Sponsor to communicate with their sponsored Child. We hope that our Sponsors and Children will develop long-lasting relationships and we believe it will be a blessing for both!
Listed here are guidelines for communicating with your sponsored Child:
- Sponsors are not screened, so we must take precautions to protect our Children.
- Direct contact with one of our Children is not permitted, however, you may write letters and send pictures as often as you like.
- All letters and pictures go through our Sponsorship Coordinator.
- As the letters are received, the Child's teacher will help him/her read through it before sending it home with them to keep.
- To mail a letter directly to your Child, send it to:
- The Suubi Project
- P.O. Box 81
- Bombo, Uganda, Africa
- If you would like to send a letter via email, send it to:
- Emailed letters will be printed off and read to your Child as well.
- Our Children do not have access to internet or email, so please understand that you will not receive a response email.
- Please print your Child's first and second names very clearly on all correspondence.
- Please DO NOT put your address and/or telephone number anywhere on your correspondence.
Can I send my sponsored Child gifts?
Each Summer, we collect Gift Baggies filled with small gifts for our Team to hand deliver to each school child. Our space is limited, so in order to bless every child with a Gift, we ask Sponsors to limit the bag to a gallon size Ziploc bag.
An email with deadlines is sent out to all Sponsors -- please add The Suubi Project to your address book to ensure that you receive our emails.
Suggested Ideas to include in the Gift Baggie:
- Letters and Pictures
- Individual Fruit Snacks, Slim Jim Jerky Sticks, Peanut Butter Crackers
- Pencil and/or Pen, Small Notepad
- Headband for Girls, Hot Wheels Car for Boys
- Several Pieces of Hard Candy
- Miniature Flashlights
- Plastic Water Bottle
Please do NOT send bubbles or other liquids, play dough, or any type of "toy" that could be consumed by a child.
Additional ways to give to your sponsored Child that is beneficial to the entire Family and/or Guardian is by providing:
- School Uniform, Shoes and Sweater - cost $35 per child
- Easter Dinner for the family - cost $20 per family
- Christmas Dinner for the entire family - cost of $20 per family
- Purchasing a Goat and/or Chickens for the family - $15 to $35 per animal
- Purchasing a Mattress - $20 each
Is there opportunity for me to visit on a mission trip and see the child?
- We have several trips per year that sponsors may apply for in order to visit their sponsored Child.
Who do I contact if I have questions?
- If you have any questions, please email our Sponsor Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org